Friday, February 29, 2008

Weekend Plans

To summarize
Friday: Richard 1:00, Mel-lo, Carl and Liz 4:30 might see Andi and Nora
Saturday: Aaron and junior 1:00 Maybe Mel.
Sunday: Probably Liz and Carl about10:30.
Any additions?
Richard, Is it this Sunday you are going on your ski trip with Barb?
I might check out Stillwater Ice on Saturday (it’s a dumb name it’s not in Stillwater, it’s in Houlton, which isn’t even in Minnesota, I’m sensitive about that being a Houlton girl.

http://mountainproject.com/v/minnesota/stillwater_ice_stillwater_mn/105956275

4 comments:

richard said...

OK so I didn't read the blog to find out everyone's schedule. I knew only a few people were showing up on Friday but I thought I might see someone from the WR crew. I bouldered a bit, top roped a bit, bought a guidebook to the Needles, read through that and then left. It was pitiful. And all my fault.

I leave Sunday morning to Salt Lake for skiing. Back late Wednesday. I'll be checking the blog though, so keep posting. I'll climb Sat morning - about 11 so probably won't see any WRers either. So sad. Woe is me.

richard said...

Lisa, definitely do check out that ice. I've only seen it from across the river near Stillwater.

Also, I asked Noel at VE about ice axes they rent and he said they have 2 types, one of which is that new, fancy leashless kind that Ryan was using.

If you climb in Houlton be sure to take some photos.

Lisa said...

Oh Richard, That was a most pitiful phone call. You were so sad. Mel and I had a good climb. That girls can sure stick to that slab. It's like a miracle. She schmeered her whole body up the Yellow 5.10d! Carl came, Mel left.I got really crowded and we went home to eat chocolate. Levi called to saw he took 5th in a bouldering comp at UMD . That's my BOY!

richard said...

Levi's got good genes, I guess. Although for climbing, it's best to wear your old jeans.

With schmears like that, sounds like you two ought to start your own bagel place.