Saturday, March 1, 2008

Stillwater Ice Recon

It was a pretty day and atrip down memory lane to the place that we used to bike to and wade to the islands to party as kids. This ice is tall, it would be climbed in 2 pitches. Ice screws are needed for protection, so it is a lead route. I didn't think the amount of ice was worth a climbing trip. There was a guy and his wife there climbing it. You can see him near the top. He didn't bother climbing the bottom, he just hiked up to the top. Again pretty day for a hike....


3 comments:

richard said...

Thanks for the report. It looks as though it could be a fun place and much longer climb than the Brick Yards. And closer than Sandstone.

Lisa said...

I don't know, I'm not convinced it's better than the bricks yards.
I also think it might be quicker, faster, shorter to park at the S. croix Boom sight and walk across the river. On another subject, do you know why the lastest blogs aren't at the top any more, it's weird. Is it because it's March?
99 blog postings in Feb, that's impresssive.
Also Have a great time skiing, why aren't you taking me along? I don't recall.

richard said...

Lisa, When I go to the blog the newest postings are at the top.

As far as the ice at Stillwater, I'm a little surprised you don't think it's better than the Brick Yards. Although that might explain why there were only 2 people when you visited it.