Friday, February 22, 2008

Flash From Her Highness - Friday Report

This was the Mother of all climbing days. (At least until a better one comes along.) OK, where do I start? Aaron tried a new warm-up technique suggested by Lisa: one handed climbing. Here's a photo. Lisa did a hard lead out of the pit way past her comfort zone. She just kept going and going like the Energizer Bunny. Here's a photo of her and she's so far up you can barely see her.









Then Lisa went over to a new route set by "Trees" and was the first climber to do it and she flashed it! And got to rate it. (Now this is the only time you can flash in public and not get arrested.) What a (wo)man! She was feeling so excited about her previous lead, she told Noel(sp?), "I'm really high." He said, "Be careful when you say you're 'high', there are a lot of families here today." She said it again. In public! Well I was so embarrassed I had to leave. (But just to get a drink of water; I came right back.) And that's how she got her new name Her "Highness."

Then she offered to belay me but took such a casual attitude I was shocked. Shocked I tell you, shocked! Look at the photo below and tell me you wouldn't be shocked if she were your belayer.

Aaron and I - in an attempt to outdo Lisa - led the same new route out of the pit that Lisa had led and got to the top; but not in the style of Her Highness. All in all, the best day had by anyone at anytime in the history of the world. (Or so it seemed to us who didn't have the experiences today that those of you who weren't there had. Which I'm sure were waaaay better than ours. Not.)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

O please Richard, you have your pantyhose in such a bunch! You climbed that lead all the way so many times! It was amazing. I also shot an amazing video of it. Blog it or I'll have to come and get it!

The other issue, oh Lighten up, I would never drop you. No one else wants to climb with me. I belay with casual style.

Seriously guys, what a great day. Thank you for the encouragement and peer pressure. I am soooo high!

richard said...

Lisa, You know I was not concerned about you belaying me or I wouldn't have started up the climb.

Yes, you took a great video of me and it showed me actually finishing that climb. Which is cool because I was certainly His Highness when I was done. I watched the video, was going to edit it, and then accidently deleted it. Que sera, sera. Thanks for taking the video and there'll be a next time.

Plus, maybe next time I'll get you finishing the lead! You're very close to the top.