Monday, February 11, 2008

The Rumor Mill

As with all growing organizations, Wednesday’s Rock is not immune to gossip and rumors. Today, after Richard left, there was some talk among two members, who will remain anonymous (Julianne and Lisa) about a subject that deeply worries me… finding gainful, full-time employment.

Society has created certain rules and stereotypes that we feel we must abide by. Among those false values are the beliefs that we need to “pay bills”, “support our families”, and “help those who are less fortunate”. I feel that partaking in these activities will severely affect climbing time. I urge all W.R’s not to do this thing called “work”.

We’re going to need corporate sponsorship… or sugar mama’s.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I don't know, I like living in a house. By the by Aaron, I have emailed your before. If you did not recieve them please look in you junk mail and PULL ME OUT!i'M yogadevo@comcast.net. or shoot me an email and I will reply with the yoga info.

Anonymous said...

You have my full support. My goal is to be fully unemployed by summer. Wish me luck.

I'll be climbing tomorrow night 6:30/7ish if anyone's around.

PS The sugar mamma thing might be just as much work as a full time job.