Tuesday, February 19, 2008

More Recon at the Brick Yards



Lisa thought it would help me get over my cold if I went on an hour long hike in freezing temperatures, so we took a trip down to the Brick Yards to do some investigating. I think crampons are going to be a must for hanging out down at the base, especialy if things are warming up. 20-30 feet below the climbs are glare ice. I tried to make the approach with just boots on and it was impossible. I think Mel found a good deal on rentals from the U of M. I'm not going to say anymore on that subject. Usually when I meddle in women's affairs, I get into trouble. I'm going to follow Dr. Lisa's orders and make chicken soup tonight; hopefully I will see everyone at V.E. tomorrow at 12:30!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos - I've been wondering what brick yards look like. Looks short, but solid and fun to climb!

I'm glad you're out and about. We had some sort of illness at our home last week. You don't want to know the details, but my car will never smell the same.

See you tomorrow...

richard said...

Aaron,thanks for the photos. In the photos, it's even more obvious it's such a small & short ice climbing area. But it's close.

I hope hiking down there didn't set your healing process back. Hope to see you on Wed.

Lisa said...

Yes, the approach was impossible but funny to watch. He'll be fine. He needed some fresh air!

Mel can you blog about rentals at the U please?

Julianne V. said...

Thanks for the photos! It gave me a better idea what to expect. I'm thinking crampons and boots for everyone may be a must. That's fine with me too. I can handle the $15 =) - especially since I may get a job soon and then my fun daytime climbing will be over. =(