Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Night climbing in Brisbane, Australia



Has anyone ever been night rock climbing? When I was in Brisbane in December, my friend took me rock climbing at some cliffs right along the Brisbane River, with the city skyline on the other side of the river. The city had installed huge lights trained on the cliffs so you could climb all night if you wanted! They were short cliffs, but still offered a beautiful view of the city lights from the top. Quite a new experience for me! The photo of the city on the right was taken while it was still light, from the ground. I didn't bring my camera to the top when I was climbing. =)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Is that you on the rock?? another big wow! If the sun doesn't go down, how do you know when to stop?

richard said...

Great shots. Is Brisbane an all-night kind of happening place? Is that why they have lights for night climbing?