Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Good news and bad news

Guess what? I got a job! I'm afraid my climbing days during the day will soon be over! How sad!!! I haven't set a start date yet, either March 10th or 17th though, so I'll have at least a week to get some more climbing in with you folks. I couldn't start right away next Monday because I have to give my hobbies a two week notice. =)

I hope you'll still allow me to keep in touch, check the blog, and maybe even climb with you this summer -- you can vote when I'm not around and let me know...I'm not giving up on climbing by any means - I'll just have to figure out new schedules to climb. I did have Joel buy for me the annual membership during the one hour sale on Sunday so I'm ready to go as often as possible and maybe include some trips where I "only" climb a couple hours, rather than 4 or 5.

I'll post some pics from WA to prove I wasn't slacking off in the climbing arena. I'm looking forward to ice climbing tomorrow! I'm trying to get in touch with Lisa today about details. Thanks for picking up boots etc! If I can't get a hold of you, I'll just meet you all there, based on the map details. Thanks!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I bet you didn't know that the bad news is that you got a job, the good news is joel bought your membership. I was worried about that. I HAVE GEAR and will swoop of 35E to pick you up somewhere. Where? I vote "yes" you can stay in and join us when you can. Check the blog often and contribute.

richard said...

Congrats on getting a new job. I'm glad you can join us tomorrow and you're certainly welcome to climb with us at any time. Also, please continue to contribute so we can follow your progress both career-wise as well as climbing-wise.