Monday, February 25, 2008

Map to Brick Yards for Wednesday

We're meeting at the interesection of Annapolis and Cherokee Heights Rd. Which is right off Hwy 13 at Cherokee Park in St. Paul. In the photo below we're going thru the opening in the fence (click on the link for a map.) There's plenty of free parking right there.

Lisa's list below seems quite complete. I'll bring a helmet - although it's not really necessary. I think you'll get wet so bring a change of clothes for the car(?) and the best waterproof pants and jackets you have - that you don't want to get scratched up. Also, bring 2 pairs of gloves 'cuz they usually get wet early. If you've got waterproof gloves or polypropylene that's good too. Usually we sit on the packs we bring, but a tarp/foam pad that wouldn't get wet might be nice so we don't have to stand all the time. I plan on getting there about 12 and it takes 30 minutes to set up the 2 top ropes. Any and all are welcome to help set up but you will need to wear your boots and crampons and harness to do that.

Oh, one other thing that might save you some frustration - put your harness on before your climbing boots. In other words, it's probably best to put stuff on in the car before you go into the park.


View Larger Map

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Nice post, are you up for the Tuesday change of pace? or no?

Lisa said...

O I need a helmet, last time I whacked myself in the head with an axe and was glad I was wearing one. I really should wear one all the time!