Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday, the 4th (or 5th?) Overtraining Day this week

Only the 4th, I guess because Sunday was the first and I skipped Tuesday. Did anyone climb on Tuesday?

Anyhow, the overtraining schedule is working well for Lisa, Aaron and me. As the Romans used to say, "Veni, vedi, vici." And I know that phrase was true for us as both Lisa and Aaron had some real vicis today. I almost made it up my nemesis - that blasted 11 with the tiny, crimpy holds and the big stretch. (I believe only 2 people have made it to the top of that climb without falling - Superman and Spiderman. But they had awfully tight belays, if you know what I mean.) Maybe next time I can do it. We did a couple of new top ropes and Lisa led an overhanging, reachy climb with the 1st clip so far off the ground that the 2nd clip was at the top. At least it seemed that way. It was a real brain yoga climb for her.

Friday some of us are meeting for our 5th day of overtraining. Hope that's OK with you. Didn't have my camera today so no photos. Here's a video I shot last year of some hiking I did in the mountains. I think some of you - Aaron - have seen it.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

OMG You are dang funny! and those mountains are very pointy! did you climb one , I haven't heard this story. Did you go by your own self? Very brave!Great Video.

Lisa said...

I had alot of fun today. It was great the Sue came with the girlies. Mike San can along at just the right time to provide me with a reasonable climbing partner. You two are over the top! Richard, Aaron's got you on the run! Apparently my mom and my mother in law told my daughter that I seem to be having the most fun of anyone in the family.It's a nice place to occupy, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Great entertainment! What an amazing place - should we put it on the list?