Friday, February 22, 2008

We Had Too Much Fun to Seriously Climb

As Richard said, we warmed up very light heartedly: One handed rock climbing. It was more of a joke, but turned out to be a great work-out and training tool. Richard said that it caused you to evaluate each and every hold, plan exactly how you were going to grab it; then dyno! Lisa compared it to yogo; very controlled and balanced. I didn't think it was anything like yoga because I didn't have any half naked women falling on me, I should talk to the staff at V.E. about that.....
Lisa, Richard, and Aaron spent a lot of time and energy evaluating a "5.8 Problem", getting over the roof in the small pit. I still think that there must be an easier way, we need Julianne and Mel's perspective.
All-in-all, I had so much fun today one-handed rock climbing, working on the 5.8 problem, and contemplating route setting as an artistic outlet, that I forgot we were over-training, until I got home and my arms hurt. I imagine this is what climbing outdoors is all about. Pray for warmer weather.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It was so much fun, It was never a joke Aaron. My every move is carefully calculated.

Aaron said...

Lisa, The wall is your canvas, your hands are the brush, and the holds are your palate. Every move of yours is complete elan.

richard said...

Lisa van Gogh, the Rembrandt of Rock