Saturday, February 16, 2008

Former Climbing Buddies


For the sake of addressing the "posting slackers" comment, I'm posting a photo of my sister-in-law and me at VE -- she was my former climbing buddy before she had the nerve to move to rural Kansas (those boyfriends wreck everything!). =) Although I haven't managed yet to make my husband (her brother) a climbing fanatic, the climbing bug definitely has a hold of her. Suzanne set up a bouldering cave in her basement the week she moved down there and is so committed to the sport she's driven a couple hours to Wichita to climb. I miss her greatly, but at the same time am so grateful to have met all of you lovely Wednesdays Rock people!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Nice post. It's good to know that our climbing buddies former climibng buddies are still alive and kickin'.

richard said...

Once I talked to a guy at the gym who was moving to Utah because that's where his climbing partner had just moved. He said, "It's harder to find a good climbing partner than a spouse." Don't think that's true, but obviously a good climbing partner is hard to find.
(Lucky me, I just found the WR group. But it took me all my life!)

richard said...

Julianne, I just realized I misspelled your name on the videos I put up. I apologize. I'll be more careful in the future. I didn't save the original files so I can't change them without re-editing the whole thing. So with your indulgence, I'll leave them for now. But I'll get it right in the future. Sorry

Lisa said...

That's why we are transitioning to J.

richard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.