Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Saturday Report- The Liz Version


I walked into the gym and felt the need to feel a little success. so I started with a 5.6, then 5.8, then 5.9 the lime green one left of the cave. With ego repaired I was feeling a little powerful. I was eying up the olive drab 5.10b in the same location, when Mel was doing the friendly thing and we had a new buddy suddenly. He looked at me with a dang smirk on his face and said "Are you gonna climb that?" Well!!!! I said" Yes I am young man and you watch your tone with me!" I tell you guys, I really pushed it up that route. Almost made it too, farther that he did anyway.

Mel climbed her slab route for her new fan club of friendlier young men. Laura the route setter put up a couple of, "Where the heck am I going routes". Mel didn't care for her style. I kinda do, as I don't know where I am going anyway! And I gotta find out what that long red top rope out of the pit is rated, I'm obsessed with it. Finished up with this one. It got the rest of what Mel had.


Mel and Tom will be at VE on Sunday about 1:30. I might take thae day off. But I will be there at 12:30 on Monday (President's Day, no yoga class to teach) If J. (Julianne) Richard and Aaron are going to be there we can work out the detail for Ice climbing on Wednesday.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting! My fingers hurt too much to type.

Lisa said...

Baby! We need your version!

richard said...

Lisa, thanks for the report. If it's the climb I'm thinking of, that olive drab climb is tough - esp at the top. Good for you for showing up Smirky Boy. Didn't he know you were a WR Team Member who pops up like toast?

Mel, that slab route's a real tiger. No wonder you had a fan club watching you.

And you guys led the red route again? Wow.

I'll be there on Sunday and Monday.
On Sunday, I'm going do a reconnaissance of the Brick Yards and I'll figure out where everyone should park, etc.

Lisa said...

Hey when are you going? If Carl is still laid up and if it's after 2:30 or 3:00 I would like to accompany you.

and, not the red lead, the long one out of the pit, top rope, over near the desk, is balancey.

richard said...

Lisa, I re-read your post about Monday and J. (Julianne) being there with me and Aaron. Maybe we should be referred to collectively as the JARs

Lisa said...

So...can i come with ya can i, can i, can i ???

richard said...

Lisa, sure you can come with me. I'll probably be at the gym 'til 2ish. I try to get there early on Sunday because it's so crowded. Do you want to meet me there or at a location closer to the Brick Yards? BTW, the Brick Yards are directly across the river from Children's Museum in downtown St Paul. Or call me on my cell at 612-978-8588

richard said...

Oh Lisa, one other thing, you might need crampons on Sunday to do a recon. I'm pretty sure we can get close without crampons but I don't know if we can right up to the ice. I have a pair of crampons that I'm bringing. Again, it might not be necessary and you can certainly see most of the Brick Yards without them, but just a little warning.

Lisa said...

thanks,I can head towards the gym 2ish.I will email my cell to you so you can let me know when you are heading out.

Julianne V. said...

Great job with the climbing on Saturday and showing up "smirky boy." I had a little fun time with that today too in the bouldering cave (B1). ;)
Sorry I missed you guys today. It was busy this afternoon. If Joel and I climb again on a Sunday we'll definitely have to try earlier or later. It was clearing out when we left at 5.45 or so.

Lisa said...

Sunday at 10 am is the best