Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Here's a heart-warming story of someone crazy enough to climb the Grand Teton

This is a story of an 80 year old guy who climbed the Grand last year. He said, "That view is an emotional experience. It does things to your inner self."

As well as your outer self, I think. You guys could climb it every year until you're 80. That'd be a good story.

Here's a good description of a 4 day guided climb of the Grand. What they describe as the most difficult part of the technical climb, you'd have no trouble with because of your experience rock climbing.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks Richard, both of thiose stories were wonderful.

Lisa said...

http://www.americanalpineclub.org/pages/page/90

Richard, did you stay here? It looks rustic!!

richard said...

It's rustic alright.

I've been inside it. I chose to camp because I didn't like how close together all the bunks were.

It's like a hostel and I don't like those very much. But they can be handy sometimes.