Saturday, December 11, 2010

Assisted Living

I am a woman and I know I can't have it both ways. If I am going to climb ice and mountains, I can't whine about shoveling the driveway. I am pretty sure my husband found me appealing because I didn't need a lot of tending to. I carry my own stuff. I don't play mind games. I will mow the lawn while he cooks dinner, it works for us.

For a couple of years now, I have been shown the benefits of assisted living. Someone has been carrying my pack, setting up top ropes, and driving me places. Now another has tightened my boots for me. My life is AWESOME! I am probably ruined. Can I have it both ways? Gosh I hope so.

This morning, I asked my hubby if he would bring me a cup of coffee this morning as I was all snuggles up in a blanket, he did! and then he brought me another one later, unrequested. Yes, this could work out just fine. We went into the blizzard to clear the snow. Man gets the snowblower, wife gets the shovel. What is that about? Well, I might have moved more snow than he did. shhhh.

1 comment:

richard said...

It's not important how much snow you move. It is important how big your equipment is and how much noise it makes.