Monday, May 12, 2008

How do I love thee Sandstone? Let me count the ways...

I fell in love; again. It was only our first date, but I know it when I feel it. At first I was a bit nervous approaching you; you were tall, tan, with curves in all of the right places. My friends Lisa, Richard and Mel were there too; but as soon as I walked up to you, they were a passing thought.

Studying you from a distance, I thought I knew what you were all about; I've seen your kind before. Drill grooves, cracks, ledges; I thought you would just be another notch on my harness.

Time to dance.

What?! You want to get out the ropes and chains?! We just met!

Never one to turn down an opportunity I decide to play your game. First bolt, clip. This is where you started playing hard to get, and I brought out the big guns. Sidepulls, underclings, dyno's; you threw it all at me. It's been a while, and I had to reach way back in memory to my gym days to figure out how I was going to handle you. Elbows down, right shoulder into the wall, figure four with a heel hook to follow. You thrust, I parry. I had to play every move in the game book with you. It was beautiful, and we danced our dance all of the way up to the anchors.

I've never met a wall like you, Sandstone. You have it all. Don't ever change.

Sweet Sandstone, that was fun. I had a good time. Thanks for dinner. Let's do this again. I'll call you....

don't call me.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

O MY! I think I need to take a shower!

Carrin Mahmood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrin Mahmood said...

Aaron, Oh Aaron!
I find I am uncharacteristically lonely after your departure! I knew it was coming, I can spot your type a mile off! You with your gear, your macho swagger and your bravado! I knew from the way you approached me that it would be special, yet in the end you would be like so many before you. Sure it was a great day. Your hands found all the right places. You longed for the challenge, but if I resisted too hard you shook your fists, and swore. At the end of the day, it was no different than the scenarios I had seen a thousand times before, with one final primordial scream of self fulfillment, you are overcome with victory, and care nothing for my sense of bereavement.
But don't cry for me, Aaron old chap! because tomorrow another will come, and then another, and we shall all dance the same tango. A tango as old as time. Where there are men who long to conquer, and old dames like me, who love to be conquered. Perhaps I will see you again, perhaps not. But if it happens, neither of us will be exactly the same as we were on your virgin run!
Sandy Stone

richard said...

Wow, slow down Sandy. Don't be too easy.