Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'll Be Off the Grid 'til Sunday Training for the Mountains

I am training this weekend for high altitude by simulating the conditions found above 15,000 feet or more. I will be smoking cigars image - which is a way to decrease O2 to the lungs and train my body to function with less oxygen.  I will be drinking imagealcohol - which kills brain cells and is similar to altitudes above 19,000. I will be standing outside for hours at a time exposed to the elements. Risking hypothermia or sunstroke. 
image

But for me, the biggest risk is to be without the Internet. So I'm relying on you to fill in the blanks. And hoping I'll have enough brain cells remaining, when I get back, so I can understand your posts.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Richard, now that I know the secret to your success; I too will adopt this training schedule. Thanks for the tip!