Friday, May 9, 2008

Excitement at Base Camp

Two blocks from our house, a guy broke into a home, grabbed the owner by the neck, and threw her to the floor. Their dog started barking and the attacker ran out the back door to a trail that goes through the woods. Well, we had about 4 police cars, 2 K9 cars and a helicopter hovering over our neighborhood. Of course, the first thing my neighbors & I did, was walk outside to see what all the fuss was about. Then the police yelled at us, "Get back inside your house." Being concerned I didn't know much about self-defense, I immediately got on youtube to learn. Lots of stuff on self-defense on the 'tube. I started watching one so I'd be prepared, but I got distracted with other videos in the sidebar. Pretty soon I was watching some cool videos on bar tricks you can use to win money from your friends. (Only from your friends who haven't been watching youtube.) Good thing no one broke into my house - I wouldn't have been ready to defend myself. Although I might have won some money from him.

PS They didn't catch him. So I still have time to watch those self-defense videos.

No comments: