Friday, May 2, 2008

DWS Vs Trad

DWS, which is very close to DWI but cooler is probably the next best thing since sliced bread. For those of you who don't know DWS is an acronym for Deep Water Soloing which basically means that you are climbing with no rope above well . . . Deep Water. I have to say myself that I would rather DWS than lead trad because well lead trad is crazy. I also think if you DWS it would desensitize your instinctive jitters you get at the top of the wall. You would be at the top of the wall thinking "This isn't that bad, I have a rope, and bolts so if I fall, whats the difference." In the meanwhile when deep water soloing you would be at the top of the wall thinking "If I fall it is probably going to hurt alot, but people will definitely think I am a bad ass."

and plus falling is one of the best parts of climbing! Unless your trying to get to the top of coarse

thank you for reading this random thought by Levi Ender aka Sun Beams sun.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

and I was just going to start raggin on you for not living up to your blogging responsibilities! I am so proud. you are a good blogger and a real bad ass.

I mean, LEVI! Get Down from There!