Thursday, May 8, 2008

Memorial Day Climbing

I do have plans to go to the Black Hills climbing Memorial Day weekend. Anyone out there interested? I wanted to climb up in the Rushmore/Sylvan Lake/Needles area. All sport climbs with a large range of difficulty from 5.5 on up. If possible, I'd like to leave Thursday evening and return Sunday night - beats the traffic. That's not locked in stone, as it were. I'll know within a day or so if a friend of mine from Miesville - John - can go. If he can go, we could still take 1-2 more peeps. If he can't, Que Lastima!, I need someone else to go with me.

The Warden and Todd are leaving Friday nite of Memorial weekend and driving to Spearfish to climb. They're looking for someone else to go with them. I believe they return Monday nite. Put a comment here or get hold of him if you're interested. I thought of going to Spearfish but believe it's too hard for me. Don't know though, never climbed there.

I've been there before on Memorial weekend and it snowed one day and then was in the 60s. So weather can be iffy. If it's cold, we can go to a lower elevation - such as Spearfish Canyon. If you need more details, call or email me. (Or catch me on the rocks, I'll be the one with the cuts on my hands from that blasted Willow River rock.)

No comments: