Saturday, May 24, 2008

Rockin' Interstate Park, W.R. Style




While Richard and John represent Wednesdays Rock in the West; Lisa, Aaron and Grant put on a show for the locals at Taylors Falls. Starting off at the Tourist Rocks, Grant sent his first outdoor climb! The Tourist Rocks are called that for one reason... tourists, and they loved watching an eight year old scamper up the routes. I'm so proud!




After the Tourist Rocks we headed over to the Minnesota Strip where I let Grant belay me on some easier routes. I was able to set up some top rope anchors for the first time in my climbing career, and Lisa was able to flash/redpoint every climb we did!




Lisa had a great time; as she put it "I had a great time!". I'm happy because Grant is going to fall asleep at 9, and Grant is ecstatic about his accomplishments today! Thanks again for coming along Lisa!

3 comments:

Aaron said...

Dang, the neighbor lady just gave Grant a Mountian Dew while he was taking the dog out. Looks like another long night....

Lisa said...

On another note. I loaned Grant my magic shoes to see if they would help him find the foot holds. During the trade off, Aaron thought my shoes were stinky! I told him it was the smell of power. Grant said it was the smell of MAGIC!

richard said...

It's the smell of powerful foot mojo.
Sounds like you had a great time.

Lisa, thanks for babysitting both of them for us.