Friday, May 2, 2008

Some Help From You Required

It all started because A1 promised Sunbeam a beer for climbing a 5.10 nice and clean. She did. He bailed. He had a meeting. Right. So the Supreme Council in charge of all things bloggy, called a summit meeting. So I bought her a beer. It was a win-win for A1 and Lisa. Not so much for me. Although, because Lisa & I discussed the blog, the whole thing is a tax write off for me. (Hey IRS, just kiddin' .)

So where was I? Oh yeah, improvements to the blog. Here are some suggestions for which we need your input. And don't just sit on your hands - you know who I'm talking about, don't you? Get off your hands, and type a comment.

  • Add a sidebar at the top which shows who can climb, when and where. Either as a calendar or a simple post. The problem has been, any posts about when & where to climb, quickly move to the bottom as new posts are added.
  • Make a FAQ on how to post your own photos (or other bloggy items.) Either on the blog directly or in the slideshow which is on the right-hand side.
  • Other brilliant ideas from you peeps.

So as a test, we put two different types of event schedulers on the blog.

  1. On the top sidebar, is a text message with upcoming dates and events that can't be changed, except by Sunbeam.
  2. Below it, there's a calendar that ties into a google calendar which, I think, can be changed by you if you're logged in. Not sure how well it works, so you have to let us know.

Whaddya think?

PS Aaron, you owe me $56 for the beers. It was a nice place and the beers were very good.

6 comments:

Aaron said...

Richard, I like the schedule on the side bar. Is there a way to make it so all bloggers can input? Oh, and your check is in the mail.

richard said...

Thanks for the check.

I thought you'd be able to access the calendar that's below the list that Lisa posted. It works great from my computer but don't know if it works for others.

richard said...

Hey Aaron, see if you can click on the "google" button at the bottom of the calendar & make changes in it.

Mike said...

I don't think I see the whole calendar on my little screen, but I see enough to know whatz up.

Aaron said...

I had to sign on, but yes, I do have access!

Amy Ries said...

I finally got around to making a comment. I was there for the flash - nice job!

I like the blog. I just need to use it.

Amy