Saturday, March 29, 2008

OK, Who's Willing to Talk About Themselves

I heard a blues song today with part of the lyrics "If silence is golden, you'd never earn a dime." See, I already know I talk too much so I thought that was funny. But you people aren't talking enough.

I know there's more to life than climbing so let's talk about other topics than just climbing. I know some of you have trips planned so that'd be fun to hear about. I know Lisa's going on a hiking trip to France with hubby. And I know she's done something like that before - I think she hiked across Great Britain in one day. (My memory might be hazy on the details.)

As usual, since I opened my big mouth, I'll tell you where I'm going April 11-16th. I'm going with my brother mountain biking in Moab. Now there's lots of climbing in Moab - Indian Creek, Arches, Potash Road but I've never climbed there.

Because the biking is so fun. For example, here's a short ride that's not hard where you ride your bike right up bare rock passing footprints of dinosaurs. Is that cool, or what? Here's the classic ride called "Slickrock Trail" where you ride the entire time on bare rock. Steep bare rock. You get a Man Card when you're done. (Usually they attach it the leg cast you receive when you crash.) And then there's another favorite of mine "Bartlett Wash" where you ride up, down, all around big amphitheaters of bare rock.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Can I sign your cast!?