Monday, March 31, 2008

I'm Gearing Up!


I just purchased some of my first anchoring items and I so excited! We learned a good deal at the U of M class and the instructor was great. I would recommend checking out the Center for Outdoor Adventure program if you get a chance.

My family just got back from Cloudland Canyon State Park in Georgia. Wow! What an awesome area with great hikes and beautiful waterfalls. Lots-o-rocks but no climbing in sight.

Funny thing, I was watching the water fall and thinking that would be great to climb frozen! I'm still thawing out.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Those poor souls in Georgia, Their waterfalls never freeze. Minnesota is AWESOME. Today is proof. (sarcasm is intentional)

richard said...

Mel-lo be sure to watch the DVD at VE that shows a guy climbing a waterfall with running water, ice axes, goggles, and a dry suit. You could do that in GA

richard said...

Mel-lo what did you buy for your anchoring gear?