Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mel-lo tries a new thing or two.

Mel-lo and I went climbing at VE today. She showed me her newly aquired anchoring knowledge down in the pit. I pretended to be a tree and she anchored me good. That girl knows her knots! Now she just has to go shopping. We left the pit. If you want to know why, I will tell you personally.

We found an amazing variety of new routes to climb and had a nice workout. Mel discovered that she can put her toe in a bolt hole and get some push out of it. I think this is a skill she will use often, actually.

I also managed to pry the notes from the U of M anchors class out of her hand and I will post them here. She looks forward to sharing this anchoring system on a crag nearby soon! It's cool, less futzing around. And that is always good.
Here's the two page handout on anchoring page one and page two.

No comments: