Sunday, March 16, 2008

Willow River State Park

I thought I would post since I have been there recently. It's about 20 minutes from my house, a Woodbury rendezvous would be appropiate. I have a Wisconsin State Park Sticker on my car, I know how to get there, I've looked at the bolts and I even know where the tavern with the good burgers is located. The routes are on either side of a waterfall and very backhung. The north side is basically a big shallow cave. Every thing I've read about the climbing here makes me feel intimidated. It would be great for all you 11+ climbers. But you know me, I'm there for party. It is also the perfect location for us because it is closed Friday through Sunday. If we hit a nice day, next week looks better than this week weather-wise, we could take a run out to Willow River and take a look-see, with ropes of course.

1 comment:

richard said...

I talked to Hessam today about Willow and he said it can be set up for top rope. It's a little more work because the leader has to unclip about every 2nd quick draw. But it can be done. Assuming one of us can make it to the top.
He also assured me the holds are big it's just that it's so blasted overhanging. I'm willing to go; we just need the weather.