Monday, March 31, 2008

Pardon my French!

I think we should switch to the following commands. I think it will really help me learn the language for my trip since I spend way more time overtraining with you guys then studying french. And I shall call Aaron 1.0- Le Rocher!

on belay (you are on belay)
"je t'assure" or "tu es assuré(e)"
off belay (I am safely anchored and you may take me off belay now)
"relai" or "vaché"
belay off (I have taken you off belay)
avale
off rappel
le rappel est libre
rock! (I'm dropping something on your head)
"attention!", "rocher!", "pierre!", "sucre!" (used in Switzerland)
rope! (I'm about to pull my rope now)
"attention!" or "corde!"
slack
du mou
up rope
"avale la corde" or "avale!"
take!
"assure sec!", "sec!", "prends-moi sec" (I want to rest)
lower me
"en bas", "laisse-moi descendre", "descends-moi"
clipping
"je mousquetonne" or "mousquetonné"
watch me (I'm in trouble here)
"fais-attention", "assure-moi sec", "fais gaffe", "je vole" (off!)

3 comments:

richard said...

How 'bout when I'm belaying you and I drop you because I don't understand your French, I say C'est la Vie?

richard said...

How about Aile Rouge on vendred? Or is jeudi better?

Aaron said...

l'aile rouge est jeudi bonne!