Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lisa ignores starving people to climb at VE on Thursday

On Thursday, Aaron and I were climbing away not expecting any other WRers. He showed up even though he's still recovering from his overclimbing of Wednesday when he and Julianne did their Golden Arches climbs. (Lisa said they sounded like grunting bats. I'm sure, if I were there, they would have sounded to me like well-conditioned athletes.) Then Lisa shows up when she's supposed to be feeding poor people or raising money for them or doing something that's definitely not as important as climbing with Aaron and me. And then the party started.


So we did a few leads and a few top ropes and I was whipped. Whipped by that 11 that Julianne and Aaron led a few days ago. Whipped by that Golden Arches climb that they did twice yesterday. So, I haven't been climbing for 6 days and I'm not any stronger. I think the overtraining strategy is way better than this strategy. And the worst part of today was, Lisa had to leave early so she could help the hungry people instead of us.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

We raised about $3500 for the food shelves. Thats more money that any of you has ever offered me for a belay;)