Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Why Take Chances?

Especially if your D.A. (Domestic Associate) doesn’t want you to take chances. That’s a hot topic between this couple about an upcoming trip.

"Mountain climbing? Seriously? You almost died mountain climbing."

"K., I'm not swearing off mountain climbing for the rest of my life. I'll just be more careful next time."

My eyes shot daggers in his direction.

"I'm not going mountain climbing with you," I said firmly.

"Fine. You don't have to. And I don't have to climb on this trip. But I will do it again at some point……"

"K., I could get hit by a car crossing the street. I could choke on a turkey club. I'm not going to not do something because I might get hurt. I don't want to live like that."

I sighed. "Those analogies were really a stretch, but I sort of get where you're coming from. Why don't we shelve this topic until you plan your next climbing trip?"

Well one reason to take chances it that it’s more fun than getting hit by a car. Or slipping on an icy sidewalk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Richard, I had no idea you read Cosmo!

Lisa said...

New Zealand with no risk... how sad.
But I find Cosmo filled with articles and photos that make me sad. Richard please stick to The Harvard Biz Review.

richard said...

I get all of my fashion advice on how to dress sexy from Cosmo. Isn't that neat?