Friday, January 21, 2011

Whitewater Kayaking


 I've had many climbers ask me about whitewater kayaking.  I teach through Rapids Riders in the spring.    We offer one course of a pool session and two weekends out running rivers and camping.  If you're interested you can find the link to every kayak instruction in the Midwest on my blogs side panel here.  People are signing up right now so get yours in early to ensure a spot.
  Some provide the boat and equipment.  Rapids Riders does not. You can rent a kayak and gear from Midwest if you choose Rapids Riders.  I will have a couple available to paddle. 
  If you want to get a jump start on spring paddling,  Rapids Riders has pool sessions in the winter with open pool, skills and rolling clinics.  These are held Sunday nights from 5 to 7pm at the Brooklyn Center Pool.  Cost is $10.  I do have extra boats available to lend out but you'll have to get hold of me in advance to see if I am coming to that pool session and what's available.
  Pool sessions will be coming to the Red Wing YMCA the end of Feb. and through March.  Again skill and rolling will be featured.
The best of all is that there is a pick up game of kayak polo on Sundays...no skills needed and no paddles allowed.  Just a whole lot of fun.  I hope to see more of you on the rivers!  Nora

1 comment:

jj monkhouse said...

Hi there, i have used your picture for a upcoming page for a kayak social club i am starting on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/393895724092768/

If you do not wish for me to use this picture, just let me know and i will have it removed.
thanks john
jjmonkhouse@hotmail.com