Friday, January 21, 2011

MovNat–Train Yourself The Natural Way

A long article about a fitness course called “MovNat” here in Outside magazine. A video giving you some idea of what’s involved in the weeklong course is below.

I’m a big fan of this type of workout. And, if you want to try it, I can set up a course right here. He charges $1,700 for the week. If you want to do that type of workout at my house, I will only charge you about 90 bucks. You can climb on my roof and shovel off snow. You can shovel snow out of my yard and carry firewood over to the storage rack. You can split and stack firewood ‘til the cows come home - or until it gets dark. There are a bunch of tall trees you can climb; and while you’re up there, why don’t you cut off a few of the dead branches? I can’t, unfortunately, at this time of year provide you with a place to swim. Come in the summer though, and you can swim all you want in the lake. And you can push a big log around too. In the summer, you can dig holes in dirt, carry landscape timbers around on your shoulder and do other stuff.

PS For your 90 bucks, I’ll throw in a lunch – just like he does. And I’ll probably throw in some compliments free of charge.

No comments: