Monday, February 21, 2011

Do You Like Cheerleading While Climbing

I do a lot of cheering and it’s likely some people don’t want me to but are afraid to say anything. This climber doesn’t want to hear anyone cheer her while she’s climbing. I think that’s a little unusual, but maybe it’s more common than I know. (I always figure if my belayer is saying things such as “Good grab” or “Nice move” s/he is at least watching and that’s good when I need a catch.)

I climb best when it is just me and the rock.  I mean, yes, my belayer is holding my rope, and I have full trust in them, but I climb best when it is just me and my inner dialogue.  Having a cheering section just throws me off and is not my style.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Richard, I'm going to start cheering even louder for you now.

richard said...

Well thanks, Liz. I need all the help I can get.