Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday News

I got a call from Richard in Moab, he is having a great time. Let's see if I can quote the call.

"Lisa! It's just great out here! The weather is beautiful, I'm taking lots of pictures but my laptop is having some kind of system error and I can't blog!! Tell all the WR's that I'm sorry! It's crazy out here, all kinds of climbing. People just pull up to the rocks in their cars and turn on the radio and climb. People are belaying from their lawn chairs! I don't know if that is safe!! It's like a big party! We are headed into Arches and I'll probably lose you. Lots of mountain biking going on. it's just beautiful."

Wow... sounds like a call from climber's "Woodstock" If they would have had cell phones back then. I think he is having fun but misses us all deeply.

Of course we miss him, but the beat goes on. Le Rocher and I are headed to Red Wing on Monday. We will probably be there 2ish. Tuesday is Taylor's Falls day. We will be there about 1:00 probably. Pleae email me directly if you need more info.

I climbed at VE with Mike-san today. We had an amazing day, leading a series of terrifying overhung leads that would send the more inexperienced climbers home crying for their mamas. Ward, Todd, Byron and Terra were there too. I found out that it's not so much all the Hawaiians and Japanese people enthralled with our blog. It's Mike! Nothing like a logical explanation.

3 comments:

Mike said...

All you can say is we had a nice day?
looks like I'm in w/o ant responsibilities:)

Lisa said...

ok, We ripped up the joint!! I just didn't want to upset the absentees!

Mike said...

Right on.
that's exactly what we did!