Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Calories and Climbing

According to this guy, a person can burn 300 calories in 30 minutes of climbing. Considering I'm on a route in the gym for about 1 to 3 minutes, it means doing 10 routes for 300 calories.

A typical B&B meal at King's (burger, fries, beer) equals  approximately 691.6667 calories [beer=153, French Fries=539/3  (we usually split them 3 ways) and cheeseburger=359.]  So that means I need to climb continuously at Red Wing for 1 hour to burn off a B&B meal. They'll need to build some taller cliffs down there.

(For those of you who want to check my math. I got my calorie figures from this site.)

2 comments:

richard said...

If I keep eating at King's and climbing at Red Wing, I'm going to look like the guy in the photo below.

Mike said...

and if you happen to be eating while you blog it will happen even faster:)