Monday, April 14, 2008

Hello from Moab

It's 80 degrees here and sunny. And I'm off the internet grid; stuck using a computer at the library because my computer won't work. So I can't send photos or do much of anything. We've done lots of biking and hiking and today rented a Jeep and drove up a trail that took us 2 hours to go about 7 miles because it was so rough. It's called "Top of the World Trail" and it's cool. I counted 7 mountain ranges in view, LaSal, Rockies, Abajo, Henries, Uinta, Wasatch and one more I don't remember. Climbing is great out here too; they park the car at the base of the cliff, turn on the tunes, sit in the passenger seat to belay and climb up 400-500 foot cliffs. While the Colorado River rolls by. Tough to beat the view. See you Thursday.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi Richard! Sounds great out there. I've seen a couple of those mountain ranges. We can't see that far here. just as well it would be overwhelming, eh?
We are planning a run to Red Wind in honor of your return, Are you up for that? You , me and mike-san so far.