Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday, She said...

It was a bright sunny day, just barely warm enough, so after huffing up the hill, Aaron and I decided to lead some of the "easier" climbs on the dark side of the bluff. Well the dark side was dark. And cold and scary. Aaron lead High Boltage, it didn't look easy but as I had my brand new purty quick draws, I decided to give it a shot. Things were going fairly well but half way up I informed my belayer that I was probably having a mental breakdown of some kind. He didn't even give me any crap about it and let me down. Hey, my fingers were cold. Now the dilemma..

Aaron could lead it again or do the fancy rope trick to get the gear down. He chose the fancy, scary, freaky rope trick. It was very stressful for both of us. So we directed our feet to the sunny side of the street. Things were better over there in the company of Ryan, Suzy and friends. Aaron lead Sleeping Bat and Pigeon Paranoia, I topped them. Hey, I'm doing battle with demons! Pigeon Paranoia was a tough start (aren't they all) and real slabby at the top, I liked that but I had an EXCELLENT belayer. Thank you le Rocher!

1 comment:

aaron said...

dang, i missed out once again. 2 finals down and one to go though! see you guys in a couple weeks.