Thursday, April 3, 2008

Personal Record breaking

Wohoo! I have to tell you about my climbing yesterday! I am excited to say that FT work has not completely dampened my climbing abilities. I climbed my first .12a yesterday! I fell once in the middle then fell just as I was topping off - didn't quite have control at the top for more than a second so technically 2 falls. I'll take it! Richard (who works at VE) was witness to the .12a.
I was pumped about it, especially since before the 12a I did the yellow lead arch (no takes) and the orange arch (unfortunately didn't quite finish). Then I moved on to B1 and red pointed some of the problems I had been working on. Long and Karen are witness to those. We almost got the really hard white problem on the left side of B1 but the big blue feature kept spinning and knocking us off! Argh. All in all - a great night of climbing. I climbed for 4 hours! =)

We're going to Redwing this Saturday (or Taylor's if RW wet). Mel are you still up for it? Long has all the gear. Let's talk on Friday or email me about it if you're interested. Love to see others of you!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

congrats J.! I knew that you were made of tiny truck springs, this is proof!

richard said...

J, that is very impressive. Your training is paying off big time.