Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Jurassic Park

Em and I took our rope guns out to a very fun playground today. It was a tough, sandy approach but it wasn't far. The park is near Twin Sisters Peak and Lily Lake. go We climbed Stegasaurus, Mantal Mentality and Coloradodity, last last one was very slabby, that's probably why the area is called "Big Ass Slab" I started to lead it and really I was doing ok until I looked up in search of the bolts and saw that I was about a third of the way up. I guess I had a "What the heck am I doing" moment and had Levi finish it for me. He climbs so fast it's has to keep his belay within reason. I decided to share my new knowledge of rap backup and bought cord for prussuk knots all around at the mountaineering store. They seem to know my guys by name there!

2 comments:

richard said...

Thanks for the photos. Looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

I love the photos! What a beautiful area and some pretty cute kids too.