Sunday, August 24, 2008

We're Going Here

Barb & I are going to Tanzania in mid September for about 3 weeks. We're going to volunteer at the Peace House School.

This is Mt Meru just outside of Arusha, Tanzania. We're staying at a school right near the foot of this mountain.

image

image

 

 

Then we're going to the Ngorongoro Crater. 

 

 

 

To see large herds of animals like this image

 

 

 

image

 

 

with large herds of tourists like this.

 

 

Then we're going to Zanzibar. Then we're coming home.

PS Lisa can go to Tanzania to do yoga. But I can't do yoga; so I won't.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You are going to have a fabulous time! The yoga thing is quite a hook, won't work on me though. I like yoga on the beach but really, I have my eyes shut most of the time so it really wouldn't matter if I was in a prison cell.
As far as you not being able to do yoga, I consider that a challenge, now if I can just get you to sit still for a moment. It would help your climbing. Not that your climbing needs help because it doesn't. Rock on, in AFRICA!

kungfujedi said...

I went to Tanzania last year and absolutely loved it. Climbed Kilimanjaro and went on safari, with one of the stops being the Crater. Simply an amazing place you'll have a great time!