Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hiking Around The Black Hills

Because I've had several questions about footwear for the Needles area, I decided to show you what I used when I was out there in August.

image

 

For the approach march, I used a low heeled, casual shoe like this.

 

 

image

 

When I walked around town, I went with something more formal but still comfortable.

 

 

 

image

 

Although, this seems like a good idea because it protects your toes, it can cause you to put a hole in the climbing rope. So I would not recommend them.

 

 

image

 

If it'll be hot, this little number allows the foot to breathe. 

 

 

Whichever way you go, be sure to match your belt with your shoes. This is my favorite belt for out there.

image

But you might prefer this one:  image

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Dang it, man! Those are big girls shoes, I just can't do it!

I am going to wear my belt buckle that I won in the rodeo, Just seems like I should.