Saturday, December 26, 2009

ID 10 T

I had an ID 10 T problem on my ceiling climbing goal. (A few years ago, after I had waited a long time to talk to a computer tech, he said, “Oh, you have a ID 10 T problem with your computer.” What’s that?” I asked. “Write it down,” he told me. So I did. IDIOT. I think I had forgotten to plug the computer into the wall or something.)

Similarly, with my ceiling climb I had been trying the same sequence over and over without succeeding. (“84 times,” Lisa said.) I knew if I kept trying the same sequence I would eventually make it because I’d get strong enough to do it. Then, last week, I switched the sequence on two holds, and Voila!, I now can make it easily with less difficulty.     

So my lesson is: persistence and consistency is important, until you have to change the way you do things. Then it gets in your way. (Is that a lesson? Isn’t there a song title like that? “Know when to hold and know when to fold and know when you’re being an ID 10 T.”)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

easily? ok.

JR said...

I'm sooo sorry I've missed the progress. Congradulations
Richard on the completion of the celing! I've always
learned tons from you guys.