Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sewing your own gear

Yes, this is related to climbing, don't burst your buttons! Well, if you do you could sew them back on. If you read the previous post The Ray Way you may have noticed he sells sewing kits for lots of outdoor gear and encourages folks to sew their own. Click here for encouragement and inspiration.

I know lots of us have skills. Mike built a fine canoe, I noticed it when I fell off the ceiling of his garage. Mel, Schmem and Jake have artistic talents. Perhaps we will have funwithrocks.com t-shirts one day. Sewing is a useful skill for back country people. Nora can sew almost anything, ground cloths, neck gators, hats, stuff sacks. I made a few ground cloths last climbing season. Jeff can not only bake a magnificent scone but sews as well. He honed his skills alone in the great white north. I am willing to do mending of climbing apparel, if you need my skills let me know. But look at the the link above, Ray has some intriguing ideas about creating your own gear.

1 comment:

aaron said...

i sew too!!! check out all the mittens i made. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6729262&section_id=&page_id=1&order=date_asc