Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Low-Altitude Training for High-Altitude Climbing

Last summer I trained for a the Muddy Buddy while in Minnesota, the race was in Boulder Colorado. I spent a fair amount of time concerned with how the old bod would perform at higher altitude. It turns out, I did just fine. I don''t love to run yet but the altitude was not a big factor in the race. I did spend a week hiking at about 10,000 feet before race day. This article seems to recommend training like I do it. I call it "Just do Something everyday" Dang, it looks like I need to start running again. Maybe Buddy can help me out, as soon as it stops snowing!
Here is a beginning running program if you would care to join me in this quest to learn to love running or "adopting a running life style".
Lake Phalen is near VE. Anyone want to run around it with me? Or it might be more helpful to be chased. Again, as soon as it stops snowing.

No comments: