Saturday, March 21, 2009

Grubby Buddy Competition

This is only a concept, not a sure thing. I’d like to organize a “Grubby Buddy” friendly race. I think it’d be fun to do this with a few teams of two “Buddies” per team. If it were in Red Wing, here’s the concept:

  • From the Barn Bluff parking lot, run up to the bottom of the bluffs at Red Wing carrying what each team needs to do one rock climb.
  • Climb one route (approximately the same height) picked by each team. After both team members have climbed to the top and gotten back down, pack up and run back to the parking lot.
  • Grab your bikes and bike up the hill to the top of the bluffs at the nearby park in Red Wing. Then bike to the cars.
  • The team with both Buddies finishing together with the fastest time, wins.

Why “Grubby Buddy?” You and your buddy will get grubby by the time you’re through. (Plus, I’d bring Buddy, the dog along with me.) I’m open to suggestions such as:

  • Only one member needs to get to the top of the route.
  • Only one member needs to run with the other buddy doing the biking.

Another version could be done at Taylors Falls with a climb, a run, a swim and/or canoe ride.  So, tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Of course I think this sounds great.Maybe it needs some kayaking in it.

aaron said...

I'm down!!!!