Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Carnage on the Vermillion River.

After 4 days of paddling the Vermillion River in my creek boat Aaron had still yet to be flipped over in the rapids. We put him thru waves, eddys, gnarly holes and even threw him off a cliff...repeatedly...still no flips. This is unheard of with a beginner! The next plan was to move him from my 8 foot stable creek boat to a squirrely 6 foot playboat. We warmed up below the falls and eddy hopped down to the BIG DROP...Triple Drop. I went down to the bottom of the drop first to wait for the expected carnage. This was the first time he would run it alone without someone leading. Please brace yourself...this is extreme kayaking....for the rest of the photos and video, go to my blog at http://seaboopugs.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Lisa said...

He popped right back up!

Nora Whitmore said...

He so good!

aaron said...

I have great teachers!!!!