Monday, June 9, 2008

Red Wing Monday

Nora leading

Nora, Lisa A1 and I showed up and heated up the rocks so they'd be dry for climbing on Tuesday. Lisa had her first 3-outdoor-lead day. (Including one with a high reach that she had to down climb and then re-climb a different way so she could do it. Way to be Sunbeam.)

Nora - on the right near the top - did two leads on her new rope with her brand spanking new pink quick draws. (I gotta get me some of those pink quick draws so they match my camera case. Maybe I'll get a pink rope! Then I could get girls to climb with me. The boys would shun me, but they're no fun.)

Aaron had his first two trad-lead day. Aaron said, "It feels about 20 degrees warmer when you're trad leading." (Good thing to keep in mind for winter, huh?)

image

 

 

Aaron trad leading at RW

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Goof ball! Girls do climb with you! Jeeez, I'm turning in my man card.

Nora Whitmore said...

After reviewing the photos of today I have come to the conclusion that this higher I climb the smaller my butt looks. I knew there was a reason I liked climbing ;) I had a great time today!! See you tomorrow for sure!

Nora Whitmore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nora Whitmore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.