Friday, June 20, 2008

Try to take this the right way.....


Mel-lo and Sunbeam have known for sometime that we lacked the lead climbing skills to venture to Red Wing on our own. Today that all changed. Nora joined in for Women's Lead Day. We lead climbs on Goofed on Skunk Weed, Jenna's Chimney and Right Hand Jam. Then I was nice enough to belay Red Wing Ron on Dr. Rock so he could retrieve his gear, then as my reward he let me use his rope to climb it myself. Mike and Ward were there and they were nice enough to put up a rope on Left Lane for us to climb but sadly we ran out of time.

Do you know what this means?! Well, it means that we climb with you guys because we WANT to, not because we NEED to. Which I would think you would like better. Freeing, isn't it!

I'm not sure what Mike and Ward were up to at the Manly Fest. They did stop to visit now and then. Those two are nice guys, and easy on the eyes too. Maybe they will post a blog about it. Just in case you were wondering Mike used his yellow and black rope today, not the black and yellow one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a big day in my world! Thanks for posting the details.

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

It's always cool to see climbers progress. Nice job getting on the sharp end and SENDING!

With your positive vibe it will be no time before your putting up the top rope for me.

ps it's nice to be wanted