Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Got Home Past My Curfew

So I can't post much tonight. Tuesday, Ron, Nora, Lisa, Aaron, Ward and I climbed everything at Red Wing that wasn't nailed down. We got The Warden locking up a new 5.12, Ron leading some manky 5.11, Aaron leading a godawful hard-to-clip-5.11T ("T" for Tuff), Nora leading one of her favorites and Sunbeam leading the hard "Perfect Crimb" which involved every sort of technique except using a ladder. (Which our Climbing Concierge had available if she needed.) She also did many other climbs which I didn't witness.

A1 did another trad lead on a chossy crack full of funkness. And I fell on every climb I tried. What a good time.

Here's Ward going over the roof on "Advanced Birding." He also had an onsight at "Roof Burner." But some chossheads had his favorite climb "Cyclops" locked up so he couldn't do his regular last climb of the day on it. 

IMG_5281 

1 comment:

Nora Whitmore said...

I wish I wasn't so sore today from Monday...but it worked out great anyway. Fun day for sure! Great meeting Ward and Ron today. I'd like to climb Thursday morning if anyone is up for a morning shift. 10ish?
BTW it took about two and a half hours to turn the Noobie kayakers into wild men on a wave...so much fun!