I am in the process of planning an expedition to Raise Awareness of the growing phenomenon of “Raising Awareness.” (R.A. R. A.) When I Googled the term “raising awareness,” I found 869,000 hits. There’s way too much awareness raising going on.
I am thinking of raising awareness to this problem by organizing a week-long expedition to a very comfortable 5 star resort. Where the participants will chat about the stresses they feel by being aware of so much stuff. After 10-15 minutes of this chatting, they will jump into the pool, get a bite to eat and/or go take a nap. That’s it for the week. No more awareness raising than that.
Here’s where I need your help; what sort of a fund raiser would work? We would need to raise enough money to pay for our transportation, lodging, super-fast internet connection, entertainment costs, and deluxe food. Some ideas to get you started:
- Donate $1 for every minute we sleep
- Contribute $1 for each laugh we have
- Send us $2 each time you miss seeing a foot hold or a hand hold because you are unaware of it
- Send us $5 each time you get an email, ad or message about some event that’s supposed to raise your awareness
- Or, donate $5K and we won’t ever bother you again about how you should help us raise awareness to this global issue of raising awareness