Monday, August 22, 2011

What Happens When People See A Bear?

DSCN1702We stayed at Tuolumne Meadows Lodge. They have shared canvas tent cabins with little wood burning stoves. And communal bathrooms. Refugee camp(It looks like a refugee camp for rich, old, white people.)

There was a bear that hung around the camp and climbed into the trees. You should always stay away from bears – unless you have a camera handy like I did. (I, unlike the others, had a good reason for getting so Bear in treeclose to the bear - I wanted to document it for Fun With Rocks. The others, had no good reason for being there.)

 

Inside of tent cabin

I took a short video of the bear climbing down the tree. Unfortunately, I shut the camera off just before it ran past me about 10 feet away. (But come on, 10 feet was plenty of distance for me to outrun an angry bear.)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You were a special camper again, weren't you.