Thursday, April 23, 2009

Running is Inherently Dangerous

As some of you know, a coupla weeks ago I was running with Buddy in the woods near my house. And my knee felt funny. (No, not like a clown, more like an odd pain.) So I walked home and took extremely good care of it for the next two weeks. Except for climbing, mountain biking and walking, I did not use it.

Some of you have been nagging encouraging me to see a doctor (no names, but his initials start with PPM.) So today I went. And here’s an X-ray of my knee. (Did you know you can get your X-rays and MRIs on a CD? I didn’t; I asked as a joke.) I know, my legs look pretty skinny. I do need to pump some more weights.

my knee

It’s my left knee - which is on the right side in the shot above. They said I probably need surgery with knees that bony, but I will find out more next Monday. If I do need surgery to fix that knee, I am asking them to make some slight revisions. I want to get some hinges in my knee so I can be as flexible as Pamela and some springs so I can climb more like Julianne.

So here’s what they will look like when they are done with my suggested modifications. (As long as they are working in there, they might as well improve both knees.)

my knee fixed

1 comment:

Pamela K said...

awwww, it's sad, yet...touching O.O